THINK: Innovation Ecosystem
Recent reports indicate that Ontario’s innovation economy is headed in right direction.
An innovation economy brings sustainable jobs, economic well-being and, we hope, a brighter future. Such an economy is made up of a complex web of infrastructure, people, and investment. None of us can make it happen alone and it’s our diversity that is our strength.
How do we bring this diversity together? Like oxygen, advanced digital infrastructure invisibly empowers Ontario’s innovation ecosystem. It’s the lifeblood that connects the intricate network to the global grid of like-minded expertise and essential data.
Find out how scientists, educators, students, clinicians, politicians, funders, entrepreneurs and citizens are collaborating to solve society’s biggest problems. And why you can’t afford to not be part of the living innovation ecosystem.
Who should attend:
- Technology leaders from healthcare, research and education institutions
- Technology champions including researchers, students, educators, librarians, policy makers, and innovation community leaders
What they say:
- “I wanted to see what innovation was happening in education K-12 and then see how that translated to post-secondary and also industry. Having all three sectors there was very important.” — Ministry of Education attendee
- “I enjoyed the conference, its location, logistics, and contents. I had not planned to stay for the whole day, but I managed to reschedule my other commitments to stay for the whole day.” — York University attendee
- “My primary objective for attending was networking and being exposed to the latest trends in keeping up with digital technology.” — SHARCNET attendee
- “The conference was very well organized, and I would strongly recommend it!” — District School Board of Niagara attendee
Updates for 2018
- “Empowering Ontario’s innovation economy” – A blog from our CEO, Alfonso Licata
- “The links between foreign investment, innovation and digital infrastructure” – A blog on speaker, David A. Wolfe’s paper
- Leadership Award nominations deadline: March 19
Previous THINK Conferences
THINKOpen 2017 Conference
- View the 2017 agenda and speakers!
- View the THINKOpen webcast
- Leadership Award winners
- #THINKOpen17 Twitter conversation
diTHINK 2016 Conference
- View the 2016 agenda and speakers
- On our blog …
- Meet the ORION 2016 Leadership Awards winners!
- Catch the #diTHINK2016 conversation on Twitter
2015 THINK Conference
- View the 2015 agenda and speaker line-up
- Meet the winners of the 2015 Leadership Awards!
- View photos from our Facebook album of our top moments.
- Revisit a summary of the social community’s conversation on our Storify story.
- Read Part 1, 2, and 3 of our blog detailing the afternoon session workshops.
2014 THINK Conference
- See the 2014 THINK Conference agenda
- Read the 2014 THINK Conference speaker presentations and biographies
- Download the 2014 THINK report
2013 THINK Conference