ORION’s THINK conference annually brings together 200 decision-makers from Ontario colleges, universities, school boards, hospitals, research, cultural, municipal and higher performance computing facilities for a day of insight into the future of Ontario’s innovation economy.
The conference topics appeal to a wide range of sectors in Ontario- all of whom uniquely form part of Ontario’s research, education and innovation community- to explore an emerging and common theme that bears on each sector and institution.
Who should attend:
- Technology leaders from healthcare, research and education institutions
- Technology champions including researchers, students, educators, librarians, policy makers, and innovation community leaders
What they say:
- “I wanted to see what innovation was happening in education K-12 and then see how that translated to post-secondary and also industry. Having all three sectors there was very important.” — Ministry of Education attendee
- “I enjoyed the conference, its location, logistics, and contents. I had not planned to stay for the whole day, but I managed to reschedule my other commitments to stay for the whole day.” — York University attendee
- “My primary objective for attending was networking and being exposed to the latest trends in keeping up with digital technology.” — SHARCNET attendee
- “The conference was very well organized, and I would strongly recommend it!” — District School Board of Niagara attendee
Previous THINK Conferences
THINK 2018: Innovation Ecosystem
- “Empowering Ontario’s innovation economy” – A blog from our CEO, Alfonso Licata
- “The links between foreign investment, innovation and digital infrastructure” – A blog on speaker, David A. Wolfe’s paper
- THINK 2018 – Closing Song
- Leadership Award winners 2018
THINKOpen 2017 Conference
- View the 2017 agenda and speakers!
- View the THINKOpen webcast
- Leadership Award winners 2017
- #THINKOpen17 Twitter conversation
diTHINK 2016 Conference
- View the 2016 agenda and speakers
- On our blog …
- Meet the ORION 2016 Leadership Awards winners!
- Catch the #diTHINK2016 conversation on Twitter
2015 THINK Conference
- View the 2015 agenda and speaker line-up
- Meet the winners of the 2015 Leadership Awards!
- View photos from our Facebook album of our top moments.
- Revisit a summary of the social community’s conversation on our Storify story.
- Read Part 1, 2, and 3 of our blog detailing the afternoon session workshops.
2014 THINK Conference
- See the 2014 THINK Conference agenda
- Read the 2014 THINK Conference speaker presentations and biographies
- Download the 2014 THINK report
2013 THINK Conference