What are the ORION Leadership Awards?
At ORION, innovation comes first. The ORION Leadership Awards celebrate outstanding achievement and innovation using ORION’s digital tools and expertise. Whether it’s ground-breaking researchers sharing huge amounts of data or students in a classroom using technology to learn, it’s all about making Ontario — and the world — a better place. We honour this innovation and dedication annually with the ORION Leadership Awards.
Nominations now closed.
Who is eligible?
- Innovators who are part of a connected institution on ORION’s high-speed research and education network
- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance the research, education and/or innovation landscape in Ontario
- Individuals who have made a positive impact on their classroom, institution, community, and/or project through an innovative solution
- Kindergarten – Grade 12 Education
- Higher Education – University, college, research and applied research
- Innovation – Healthcare, intelligent communities, libraries, and other sectors
- How well the initiative advanced Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape under the nominee’s leadership
- How well the initiative leveraged ORION’s network and/or cloud services in an innovative way
- How much of an impact the initiative made
To be alerted for the 2020 Leadership Awards nominations, please register for updates.
2019: Peter Singh (K-12), David Cullum, Scott Briggs, Luc Roy, John Levay, Alastair MacLeod, Jennifer Doyle, Denise Ernst, Lisa Grothier, and Nela Petkovic (Higher Ed), Bob Campbell (Innovation)
2018: Joanne Borges (K-12), Carolyn McGregor (Higher Ed), John Ferri (Innovation)
2017: Anita Simpson (K-12), Stéphane Lévesque (Higher Ed), Randy McIntosh (Innovation)
2016: Éric Minoli (K-12), Alla Reznik (Higher Ed), Brock Dubbels (Innovation)
2015: Dino Miele (K-12), Alan Darnell (Higher Education), Allison Crawford (Innovation)
2014: Laurie Clement (K-12), Virginia Roy (Higher Ed), Dr. Narinder Paul (Innovation)
2013: Jack McMaster (K-12), Dr. Paul Corkum (Higher Ed), Dr. Berge Minassian (E-infrastructure)
2012: Marshall Zhang (K-12), John Helliker (Higher Ed), Dr. Shana Kelley (E-infrastructure)
How do I nominate someone or myself?
Nominations require the following information:
- Describe how the nominee has demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance the Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape by leveraging the ORION network or cloud services
- Summarize the impact of this initiative by including the results, findings, benefits, and/or advancement to research, education or innovation
- Explain why you think this nominee is a leader within their category