What are the ORION Leadership Awards?
At ORION, innovation comes first. The ORION Leadership Awards celebrate outstanding achievement and innovation using ORION’s digital tools and expertise. Whether it’s ground-breaking researchers sharing huge amounts of data or students in a classroom using technology to learn, it’s all about making Ontario — and the world — a better place. We honour this innovation and dedication annually with the ORION Leadership Awards.
Winners are announced at the THINK Conference.
Who is eligible?
- Innovators who are part of a connected institution on ORION’s high-speed research and education network
- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership with outcomes that serve to advance the research, education and/or innovation landscape in Ontario
- Individuals who have made a positive impact on their classroom, institution, community, and/or project through an innovative solution
- Kindergarten – Grade 12 Education
- Higher Education – University, college, research and applied research – sponsored by Colleges Ontario
- Innovation – Healthcare, intelligent communities, libraries, and other sectors – sponsored by CANARIE
- How well the initiative advanced Ontario research, education and/or innovation landscape under the nominee’s leadership
- How well the initiative leveraged ORION’s network and/or cloud services in an innovative way
- How much of an impact the initiative made
When is the deadline?
The deadline for the 2017 Leadership Awards is April 7, 2017.
2015: Dino Miele (K-12), Alan Darnell (Higher Education), Allison Crawford (Innovation)
2014: Laurie Clement (K-12), Virginia Roy (Higher Ed), Dr. Narinder Paul (Innovation)
2013: Jack McMaster (K-12), Dr. Paul Corkum (Higher Ed), Dr. Berge Minassian (E-infrastructure)
2012: Marshall Zhang (K-12), John Helliker (Higher Ed), Dr. Shana Kelley (E-infrastructure)
How do I nominate someone or myself?
Submit a nomination by completing the form, below.